Facebook Pixel – Guide To Installation
Thinking of setting up Facebook Advertising?
Have you ever considered Facebook Pixel?
If you’re thinking about advertising your business using Facebook, then this blog will be the perfect tool for you!
Just in case you weren’t aware, one of the reasons Facebook Pixel is so valuable is because it allows you to form remarketing audiences, while also setting up campaign conversions.
Throughout this blog, we will explore how to get this feature properly set up on your website, so you can start showcasing your business to the world!
- We won’t be explaining how to set up a Facebook ads account, so it’s best to make sure that you already have one set up.
- The process that we will be going through in this blog follows the method using GTM (a tool we would definitely advise you to use).
- You only have to complete this process once, when you’re setting up Facebook Pixel.
- By utilising this tool, you can ensure that you get all of the relevant information you need in terms of your Facebook ads strategy.
- Can be beneficial if you are planning on setting up a remarketing campaign.
First off, what actually is Facebook Pixel?
Well, it is a section of code which you put on your website, it will then collect relevant information relating to your Facebook ads performance, while also enabling you to effectively set up future advertising campaigns to help your business to grow.
- “Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome Extension” – make sure to get this installed.
- Check to make sure you are using the “previous version” of the Ads Manager UI (if not, just make sure to switch over to the older version).
Facebook Pixel – Installation Process
- Make sure you’re logged into your Facebook account, before clicking on your Facebook Ads Manager.
- You will see “Pixels” on the navigation menu, click on it.
- Now you will need to choose the pixel that you intend to use on your website.
- Haven’t created a pixel before?
Don’t worry, throughout this section of the blog, we’re going to be looking at how to create a Pixel:
- Select “Create a Pixel” and then give it a name, once you have done this, you will need to click the “Create” button.
- Go over to “Set Up”, once you have clicked on it, you will notice that you have the choice of 1 of 3 options, make sure to select the “Use an Integration or Tag Manager” option.
- When the list appears, you need to click on “Google Tag Manager”, and then “Quick Install”.
- You will see that you need to sign into a Google Account (the one which uses GTM), this is so that Facebook is able to make the inputted changes.
- Now go back onto your Facebook Ads Manager screen, making sure to select the GTM account you are planning on using. You then need to choose which container you need.
- You will now notice that you are given the option of turning on “Advanced Matching”
- If you are not advanced at using GTM, then it is best to leave it in the “Off” position, before selecting “Next”
- There is now the option for you to add to the number of tags, or edit the ones you already have in place.
- In this blog, we have only shown you how to create a Pixel Base Code, you just need to select “Next”
- Now make sure that the Pixel Base Code checkbox has been ticked, once you are happy with how the screen looks, you need to make sure to select “Publish”.
Verifying the Facebook Pixel
- Make sure to open the website (and do so using Chrome)
- Once you have done this, you will need to make sure to select the “Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome extension”
- Now it should be showing you that Facebook Pixel has been installed, and the extension should be showing you how to find a minimum of 1 pixel – it is important to make sure that this is the same as the Facebook Ad Manager Pixel ID.
Thanks for reading!
We hope that you found our blog on the Facebook Pixel Installation useful if you did then make sure to check out our other blog posts, as well as our social media, so you can keep updated with our latest blog posts and news.